2013 Pocono: IndyCar Race Results - Dixon, Honda Win!
By Mike Sulka
In front of 40,000, Scott Dixon and his No. 9 Target Ganassi Honda has won the INDYCAR 400 at the Pocono Raceway in Long Pond, Pennsylvania with better fuel economy. For Dixon, it is his first win of the 2013 IndyCar season and his 29th IndyCar career win. It is also his 30th win in major open-wheel racing. It was also Dixon's 70th career podium.
Completing the Ganassi one-two-three sweep of the podium was Charlie Kimball and his No. 83 Honda coming home second with Dario Franchitti and his No. 10 Honda grabbing third.
It is the first win of the season for Ganassi, and fourth of the season for Honda.
Will Power and his No. 12 Penske Chevrolet would finish fourth with Josef Newgarden and his No. 67 Honda rounding out the top-five.
Marco Andretti definitely had the strongest car all day, but in the end his Chevrolet just needed too much fuel to run extended green flag laps. Andretti would finish 10th.
At the start, it was Canadian James Hinchcliffe and his No. 27 Chevrolet who lost control in fourth gear and slammed into the outside wall. Hinchcliffe had start third, but was unable to continue following his accident.
On lap 70, Ryan Hunter-Reay and his No. 1 Andretti Autosport Chevrolet was entering pit lane for his first pitstop when he was pummeled from behind by Takuma Sato and his No. 14 AJ Foyt Honda. Hunter-Reay was able to get his suspension repaired and returned to the track on lap 83 but 22 laps down.
Next up for the IndyCar series will be the Honda Indy Toronto on the streets of Toronto, Canada next weekend.
|2013 Pocono: IndyCar Race Results|
||Simona De Silvestro
Also in IndyCar News:
- 2013 Pocono: IndyCar Post-Qualifying Press Conference (07/07/13)
- 2013 Pocono: Chevrolet IndyCar Qualifying Quotes (07/07/13)
- 2013 Pocono: IndyCar Race LIVE Streaming, Weather & TV Schedule (07/07/13)
- Crash Puts Tagliani To Rear Of Field At Pocono (07/07/13)
- 2013 Pocono: IndyCar Q&A - Ed Carpenter (07/06/13)
- 2013 Pocono: IndyCar Q&A - Ryan Hunter-Reay, James Hinchcliffe, Marco Andretti, EJ Viso (07/06/13)
- 2013 Pocono: IndyCar Qualifying Results - Andretti, Chevrolet On Pole! (07/06/13)
- Mears Provides Ace In The Hole For Team Penske (07/06/13)
- Dixon, Tagliani To Raise Money For Charity Through Power Of 2 Bet (07/06/13)
- Munoz Leads Open Test At Pocono (07/06/13)
- Panther Celebrates Fourth of July with New Car Livery, Full-Day Test at Pocono (07/05/13)
- Andretti Provides Fourth Of July Fireworks To Lead Izod IndyCar Series Open Test At Pocono (07/04/13)
- Sullivan Welcomes Indy Car Return To Tricky Triangle (07/03/13)
- Andretti Hopes To Add To Family History At Pocono (07/03/13)
- IndyCar To Implement Three-Wide Starts For Pocono Raceway, Auto Club Speedway (07/03/13)
- Al Unser, Explains The Feat Tony Kanaan Can Achieve In Taking Fuzzy's $1 Million (07/03/13)
- Foyt Recovering From Hip Replacement Surgery (07/03/13)
- 2013 IndyCar Q&A: Gabby Chaves, Brandon Igdalsky And James Hinchcliffe (07/03/13)
- Ryan Hunter-Reay Nominated For 'Best Driver' Espy (07/02/13)
- Carpenter Anxious For Pocono Return This Weekend (07/02/13)