F1, Formula 1, NASCAR, IndyCar, MotoGP, ALMS, And More!
z


Jun 18, 2014 - 02:09 PM
Top News!
Rumors Edition!
Upcoming Racing! (Updated)



Top Stories
· 2014 Michigan: NASCAR Sprint Cup Race Results - Johnson, Chevrolet Win! (Jun 15, 2014)
· 2014 Catalunya GP: MotoGP Race Results - Marquez Wins! (Jun 15, 2014)
· 2014 Le Mans 24: Le Mans Final Race Results - Audi Wins 13th Victory! (Jun 15, 2014)
· 2014 Michigan: NASCAR Sprint Cup Starting Line-Up & Race Preview (Jun 15, 2014)
· 2014 Gateway: NASCAR Truck Race Results - Wallace Jr, Toyota Win! (Jun 15, 2014)

Previous Top Stories!


Hot Rumors!
· F1: Nurburgring to host F1 race each year ? (Jun 17, 2014)
· F1: Hamilton spotted at Maranello & 666 ? (Jun 13, 2014)
· F1: Schumacher moved within Grenoble hospital ? (Jun 13, 2014)
· F1: Caterham could be missing in Austria ? (Jun 13, 2014)
· F1: Mercedes' Cowell also said no to Ferrari ? (Jun 11, 2014)
More Rumors!


Hockenheim deal 'has no exit clause'
Posted by: Admin on Jun 18, 2014 - 01:58 PM
Formula 1 News
Hockenheim deal 'has no exit clause'


Hockenheim's F1 future is up in the air.

The circuit has a contract with Bernie Ecclestone until 2018, whereby it annually alternates the German grand prix with the Nurburgring.


 

Bookmark and Share

But F1 supremo Ecclestone and the Nurburgring on Tuesday announced they are close to agreeing a new deal to stage the German grand prix every year between 2015 and 2019 at the Nurburgring.

Hockenheim is furious.

"We have a contract, and it has no exit clause," Hockenheim chief Georg Seiler told the Mannheimer Morgen newspaper.

"The fact is that we will have a grand prix at Hockenheim in 2016 and 2018. Everything else is speculation."

However, Ecclestone said earlier that Hockenheim's contract is based on "special conditions" that would be void if the Nurburgring enters the fray with better terms.

The 83-year-old Briton insists it is only fair.

"The same applies to Hockenheim as well," Ecclestone told Germany's Auto Motor und Sport. "We could reach a new contract with them, on the same conditions that we have with other people."

The Nurburgring on Wednesday did not want to weigh in on Hockenheim's fury.

"We are not aware of the contractual details between Mr Ecclestone and the Hockenheimring," said Carsten Schumacher, representing the Nurburgring's new owners Capricorn.

"Therefore we can not judge and do not want to speculate on whether the race will take place in 2016 and 2018 at Hockenheim, or whether it would be possible for there to be two formula one races in Germany," he added.

Schumacher said the Nurburgring had no choice but to issue the press release on Tuesday that so angered its Hockenheim counterparts.

"We had to respond," he argued, "after it was reported in the media that a contract between (Capricorn chief) Robertino Wild and Bernie Ecclestone had been closed."



PaddockTalk Perspective



Also in Formula 1 News:



 
Related links
· F1 Edition
· PaddockTalk Top News
· F1 Rumors
· More about Formula 1 News


Most read story in Formula 1 News:
Brawn will 'find a way' to work with successor Lowe





Home :: _ 


All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest (c) 2003-2014 by PaddockTalk.com.
Contact E-mail: admin@paddocktalk.com
Privacy