F1, Formula 1, NASCAR, IndyCar, MotoGP, Le Mans, And More!


Nov 01, 2015 - 06:15 AM
Top News!

Rumors Edition!

Top Stories
· 2015 Martinsville II: NASCAR Sprint Cup Starting Line-up & Race Preview (Nov 1, 2015)
· Martinsville victory revives Matt Crafton Truck Series title hopes (Oct 31, 2015)
· 2015 Martinsville II: NASCAR Sprint Cup - Saturday Notebook (Oct 31, 2015)
· 2015 Martinsville II: NASCAR Truck Race Results - Crafton, Toyota Win! (Oct 31, 2015)
· 2015 Mexico GP: Formula One F1 Qualifying Results - Rosberg, Mercedes On Pole! (Oct 31, 2015)
· 2015 Mexico GP: Formula One F1 Practice Three Results - Rosberg, Mercedes On Top! (Oct 31, 2015)
· Joey Logano stays hot with pole run at Martinsville (Oct 30, 2015)
· 2015 Martinsville II: NASCAR Sprint Cup - Friday Notebook (Oct 30, 2015)

Previous Top Stories!


Hot Rumors!
· F1: Force India deal could be another blow to McLaren ? (Oct 31, 2015)
· F1: Manor to lose bosses Booth and Lowdon ? (Oct 30, 2015)
· F1: Williams to lose Bottas-linked Finnish sponsor ? (Oct 28, 2015)
· F1: Gutierrez re-joining F1 grid ? (Oct 23, 2015)
· F1: Magnussen not in Austin or Mexico ? (Oct 22, 2015)
More Rumors!

F1: Hellmund linked with new US race, F1 team investment ?
Posted by: Admin on Nov 01, 2015 - 06:14 AM
Rumor
F1: Hellmund linked with new US race, F1 team investment ?


An increasingly prominent paddock figure at the last couple of races has been Tavo Hellmund.

With close ties to Bernie Ecclestone, the 49-year-old American was the initial driving force behind the project to bring F1 back to the US in Austin.


 

No longer part of the promotional team after an acrimonious split, Hellmund nonetheless attended last weekend's race in Texas.

And now he is also in Mexico City.

Less well known is that Hellmund, whose late father was a member of the organising team when Mexico returned to the F1 calendar in the 80s, was also instrumental in the revival of the track and race for 2015 and beyond.

"Mexico was always part of the plan when I cut the deal with Bernie for Austin", he told the Austin American Statesman newspaper.

And now the American F1 broadcaster NBC reports that Hellmund is working on a new project, possibly tying in with Ecclestone's claim last week that he might add a second US race to the calendar "California way".

Not only that, it emerges that, joining John Booth and Graeme Lowdon in the exodus from Manor is Bob Bell, who has been working as a consultant.

That could tie in with the Guardian's claim that it is Hellmund who is looking to buy into the British backmarker.

Hellmund told NBC: "We're looking at a (US race) project that's probably two weeks away from being able to talk about it, then looking also maybe making an investment with a team.

"But right now, we need to make sure that the Mexican grand prix goes well," he said.

Finally, The Times reports that long-time McLaren chief engineer Phil Prew is leaving the troubled Honda-powered team to join Mercedes.



PaddockTalk Perspective



Also in Rumor:


 
Related links
· PaddockTalk RumorBin
· PaddockTalk Top News!
· More about Rumor




Home :: About :: Social :: Contact :: Archives :: Video :: Submit :: _ 


All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest (c) 2003-2015 by PaddockTalk.com.
Contact E-mail: [email protected]
Privacy