|· Three races, six contenders, one crown: the final countdown is on (Nov 3, 2020)|
· 2020 NHRA: S Torrence, Hagan, Enders And M Smith Clinch World Championships At Dodge NHRA Finals Presented By Pennzoil (Nov 3, 2020)
· 2020 Martinsville: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Race Results - Chase Elliott wins thrilling Playoff race at Martinsville and advances to Championship 4 (Nov 1, 2020)
· 2020 NHRA: B Torrence, Capps, Anderson, Krawiec Qualify No 1 As Championship Sunday Approaches At Dodge NHRA Finals Presented By Pennzoil (Nov 1, 2020)
· 2020 Martinsville: NASCAR Xfinity Race Results - Martinsville's victor Harrison Burton snatches another Xfinity Playoff win (Nov 1, 2020)
· 2020 Romagna GP (Imola): Formula One F1 Qualifying Results - Bottas, Mercedes On Pole! (Oct 31, 2020)
· 2020 Martinsville: NASCAR Truck Race Results - Enfinger advances with Truck Playoff win at Martinsville, Smith clinches final Championship 4 spot (Oct 31, 2020)
· 2020 Martinsville: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup - Weekend Preview (Oct 30, 2020)
Previous Top Stories!
Entry List Notebook Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Presented by Advance Auto Parts
Sebring International Raceway Sebring, Fla.
November 11 14, 2020
By Mark Robinson IMSA Wire Service
Race Day/Time: Saturday, November 14 10:10 a.m. ET
TrackPass on NBC Sports Gold Coverage: LIVE Flag-to-flag beginning at 10:05 a.m.
IMSA.com/TVLive Live Qualifying Stream: Friday, November 13 10:10 a.m.
IMSA Radio: All sessions live on IMSA.com and RadioLeMans.com; SiriusXM live race coverage begins November 14 at 10 a.m. (Sirius channel 217, XM 202, Internet 972)
Circuit Type: 3.74-mile, 17-turn road course
Race Length: 12 hours
Track Social Media: Twitter/Instagram: @SebringRaceway; Facebook: @SebringInternationalRaceway
Event Hashtags: #IMSA, #Sebring12
WeatherTech Championship Track Records
DPi: Dane Cameron, Acura DPi, 1:45.865 / 125.837 mph, March 2019
LMP2: Matt McMurry, ORECA LMP2, 1:49.728 / 121.407 mph, March 2019
GTLM: Jordan Taylor, Chevrolet Corvette C8.R, 1:55.634 / 116.436 mph, July 2020
GTD: Daniel Serra, Ferrari 488 GT3, 1:58.710 / 113.420 mph, March 2018
2019 Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Presented by Advance Auto Parts Winners
DPi: Felipe Nasr/Eric Curran/Pipo Derani, No. 31 Whelen Engineering Racing Cadillac DPi
LMP2: Kyle Masson/Cameron Cassels/Andrew Evans, No. 38 Performance Tech Motorsports ORECA LMP2
GTLM: Patrick Pilet/Nick Tandy/Frederic Makowiecki, No. 911 Porsche GT Team Porsche 911 RSR
GTD: Rolf Ineichen/Mirko Bortolotti/Rik Breukers, No. 11 Grasser Racing Team Lamborghini Huracαn GT3
· Same Great Race, Different Date: For the first time in its illustrious 68-year history, the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Presented by Advance Auto Parts will not take place on its traditional early spring date. Due to schedule changes forced by the coronavirus pandemic, the Sebring race was postponed in March and reset as the finale to the 2020 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship season. The race will return to its normal March spot on the 2021 schedule.
· DPi Championships on the Line: Important titles are still up for grabs in the Daytona Prototype international (DPi) class at Sebring. No. 7 Acura Team Penske drivers Helio Castroneves and Ricky Taylor have edged into the drivers lead on the strength of four wins in their last five races. They are two points up on No. 10 Konica Minolta Cadillac drivers Ryan Briscoe and Renger van der Zande, and nine ahead of No. 31 Whelen Engineering Racing Cadillacs Pipo Derani. Cadillac, however, has a one-point edge on Acura in the manufacturer race.
· GTD Battle Rages on: In GT Daytona (GTD), Mario Farnbacher and Matt McMurry regained the class lead by winning Nov. 1 at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca. The No. 86 Meyer Shank Racing with Curb-Agajanian Acura duo is seven points up on Patrick Long and Ryan Hardwick (No. 16 Wright Motorsports Porsche) and eight ahead of Aaron Telitz (No. 14 AIM Vasser Sullivan Lexus). Acura is two points ahead of Lexus in the GTD manufacturer standings.
· Endurance Cup: In addition to the season-long championships, crowns will also be earned in all four WeatherTech Championship classes for the IMSA Michelin Endurance Cup. Points are awarded at various intervals throughout the four endurance races on the schedule, including at the four-, eight- and 12-hour marks at Sebring. Current leaders in each class are: the No. 10 Konica Minolta Cadillac in DPi, the No. 52 PRI Mathiasen Motorports ORECA in Le Mans Prototype 2 (LMP2), the No. 24 BMW Team RLL BMW in GT Le Mans (GTLM) and the No. 48 Paul Miller Racing Lamborghini Huracαn in GTD.
· Talk to the Hand: Joey Hand, an integral part of the Ford Chip Ganassi Racing GTLM team that disbanded after 2019, will make his season debut at Sebring in the No. 57 Heinricher Racing with MSR Curb-Agajanian Acura GTD entry. Hand will partner with Trent Hindman and Misha Goikhberg.
· Gabbys Back: Gabby Chaves returns to the driver lineup of the No. 31 Whelen Engineering Cadillac DPi to team with Pipo Derani and Felipe Nasr at Sebring. Chaves filled in for Nasr at the IMSA WeatherTech 240 At Daytona in July after Nasr tested positive for COVID-19. Chaves has driven all season in the IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge where he is part of the championship-leading No. 33 Bryan Herta Autosport Hyundai team in the Touring Car (TCR) class.
· No. 7 Acura Team Penske: As mentioned above, the No. 7 is on fire with four wins and a second-place finish in the last five races. Joining Ricky Taylor and Helio Castroneves behind the wheel for the endurance race, as usual for this year, is 2016 Indy 500 winner Alexander Rossi.
· Porsche GT Team: What had been a very disappointing GTLM season has turned somewhat for Porsche, whose cars have won the last two races. The No. 911 entry won at Motul Petit Le Mans last month and the No. 912 was victorious at WeatherTech Raceway on Nov. 1. Pair that with the fact that the Porsches have won the last two Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring events and it sets up well for a winning finish to the season.
· Acura in GTD: Acuras took two of the three GTD podium spots in the most recent race at WeatherTech Raceway. The No. 86 won, with the No. 57 finishing third for its first podium of the season.
Whos Good Here?
· Oliver Gavin: The longtime Corvette driver, who will be entering his final race as a full-time driver with the team, has six wins at Sebring, starting in 2001 and most recently as 2016. He and co-driver Tommy Milner collected their lone victory of the season to date in the July race at Sebring that was 2 hours, 40 minutes long.
· Pipo Derani and No. 31 Whelen Engineering Cadillac: This car is the defending Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring overall and DPi champion as well as winner of the Cadillac Grand Prix of Sebring in July, when it led all but two of the 83 laps. Derani has won the Sebring 12-hour race three of the last four years.
· Porsche, Porsche, Porsche: The famous German brand has 96 total wins at Sebring, more than double the nearest manufacturer. With entries competing in GTLM where it is the two-time defending champion and GTD, Porsche seeks to add to that number on Nov. 14.
Previous Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Presented by Advance Auto Parts Winners in 2020 Field (29)
Oliver Gavin (6) GTS 2001, 2002; GT1 2006, 2007; GT 2013; GTLM 2016
Bill Auberlen (3) GTS-2 1995; GTS-3 1997; GT3 1998
Pipo Derani (3) P 2016, 2018; DPi 2019
Antonio Garcia (3) GT1 2009; GTLM 2015, 2017
Ian James (3) P2 2004, 2005; GTD 2015
Sebastien Bourdais (2) GT2 2006; P 2015
Ryan Briscoe (2) P2 2013; GTLM 2015
Mario Farnbacher (2) GTD 2015, 2017
Marcel Fassler (2) P1 2013; GTLM 2016
Joey Hand (2) GT 2011; ALMS GT 2012
Patrick Long (2) GT2 2005; GTLM 2014
Fred Makowiecki (2) GTLM 2018, 2019
Tommy Milner (2) GT 2013; GTLM 2016
Nick Tandy (2) GTLM 2018, 2019
Alessandro Balzan (1) GTD 2016
Townsend Bell (1) GTC 2012
Dane Cameron (1) LMPC 2011
Loic Duval (1) P1 2011
Ryan Hunter-Reay (1) P2 2011
Oliver Jarvis (1) P1 2013
Andy Lally (1) GTD 2014
Corey Lewis (1) GTD 2018
Cooper MacNeil (1) GTC 2013
Felipe Nasr (1) DPi 2019
John Potter (1) GTD 2014
Bryan Sellers (1) GTD 2018
Madison Snow (1) GTD 2018
Jordan Taylor (1) P 2017
Ricky Taylor (1) P 2017
Previous Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Presented by Advance Auto Parts Pole Winners in 2020 Field (14)
Bill Auberlen (4) GTU 1994; GTS-3 1997; GT3 1998; GTLM 2016
Dane Cameron (3) LMPC 2011; GTD 2014; DPi 2019
Oliver Gavin (3) GTS 2001, 2003; GT1 2009
Olivier Pla (3) WEC P2 2012; P 2015, 2016
Ryan Briscoe (2) P2 2013; GTLM 2017
Tristan Vautier (2) GTD 2017; P 2018
Sebastien Bourdais (1) P 2014
Connor De Phillippi (1) GTLM 2018
Scott Dixon (1) P1 2009
Marcel Fassler (1) P1 2013
Trent Hindman (1) GTD 2019
Andy Lally (1) GTC 2013
Fred Makowiecki (1) GTLM 2015
Matt McMurry (1) LMP2 2019
Previous Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Presented by Advance Auto Parts Winning Teams in 2020 Field (12)
Corvette Racing (11) GTS 2002, 2003, 2004; GT1 2006, 2007, 2008 2009; GT 2013; GTLM 2015, 2016, 2017
Acura Team Penske (4) PROTO 15 1964; GT13 1966; TRANS-AM 1968; P2 2008
Porsche GT Team (3) GTLM 2014, 2018, 2019
Action Express/Whelen Engineering Racing (2) P 2015; DPi 2019
BMW Team RLL (2) GT 2011; ALMS GT 2012
GRT Magnus (2) GTD 2014, 2019
Performance Tech (2) PC 2017; LMP2 2019
PR1 Mathiasen (2) LMPC 2013; PC 2015
Paul Miler Racing (1) GTD 2018
Scuderia Corsa (1) GTD 2016
Tower Motorsport by Starworks (1) WEC P2 2012
Konica Minolta/Wayne Taylor Racing (1) P 2017
Previous Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Presented by Advance Auto Parts Winning Manufacturers in 2020 Field (10)
Aston Martin 3